No Risk Reservations: Since we only take 6 passengers at a time, we do sell out and so we require reservations. Book early with no worries! If we cancel a sail because of bad weather, we will reschedule your trip at no additional charge. If you can’t reschedule, we’ll refund 100%. If we don’t sail, you don’t pay. It’s that simple!
If you need to cancel, we require 48 hours notice so we have an opportunity to resell your seats. Otherwise, tickets are non-refundable. See below for complete policies.
You must arrive at the dock 15 minutes prior to departure for boarding. We do leave on time!
We’ve made things easier this year! Now you can book your own tickets through our ticket partner, Fare Harbor, or call 1-844-595-8860.
Inclement Weather Policy
The following policies apply to cancellations determined by the Captain which are weather related. The sail usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but we may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. In the event of a weather cancellation, American Sailing Tours will make every effort to reschedule your tour at no additional charge.
Ticketed Tours & Exclusive Charters:
- Inclement weather is determined by American Sailing Tours, specifically by the captain of the day. This determination is based on criteria of safety and comfort.
- Inclement weather is defined generally as
- Cold temperatures which would render sailing uncomfortable, i.e., could not be remedied by the simple addition of seasonal, condition-appropriate outerwear.
- Rainy conditions which are persistent (not a passing shower)
- Threat of, or actual thunderstorm activity which cannot be avoided safely under sail
- High winds or high wave conditions which would make sailing unsafe.
- Purchased tickets are non-refundable except in the case of inclement weather. Affected ticket holders will be offered the opportunity to reschedule to a future date at no charge. If you are unable to reschedule, a 100% refund will be provided for weather cancellations. Ask for details.
If American Sailing Tours cancels a tour due to inclement weather or unsafe conditions, every effort will be make to reschedule at no charge. If the customer requests a cancellation for inclement weather which the Captain and American Sailing Tours judges does not to fit the criteria for inclement weather definition above, then the non-weather related cancellation policies apply.
The following policies apply to cancellations requested by the customer which are non-weather related or “no-shows” at the scheduled sailing time. In the event of a cancellation request made with 48 hours notice, American Sailing Tours will make every effort to reschedule your tour. If this is NOT possible,
- Ticketed events are paid in full at the time of reservation.
- Tickets are *transferable to other guests.
- Requests for rescheduling of ticketed reservations may be made up to 48 hours before the tour and will be contingent on availability. There is no charge for rescheduling ticketed tours with at least 48 hours notice.
- Purchased tickets are non-refundable within 48 hours of the scheduled tour.
- Cancellations which are requested more than 3 weeks in advance of the charter date, will be refunded with a 10% processing fee incurred.
- Cancellations requested between 72 hours and 3 weeks prior to the charter date will be assessed 50% of the charter fee.
- Cancellations requested 72 hours of fewer before the cruise is scheduled, will be assessed 100% of the charter fee.
American Sailing Tours reserves the right to cancel any scheduled ticketed events, due to slow ticket sales or a change in schedule that makes the boat unavailable. AST will make every effort to reschedule guests at no charge, in the rare occasion this may occur. Affected ticket holders will be offered a choice to reschedule at no charge, or a 100% refund.
Drug & Alcohol Policy
American Sailing Tours has a “zero tolerance” policy for drugs onboard the Summer Wind. This includes passengers and crew. Moderate alcohol consumption is permitted and guests are allowed to bring whatever they wish. Drunkenness is a safety hazard for all aboard and is not tolerated. The Captain has the right to refuse entry to the boat for any person suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol and the right to return any such person to the dock while the boat is underway. No refund will be given under such circumstance. The Captain is responsible for the safety of the passengers, crew and boat and his/her decision is final.
Come Back 4 More! Get 50% off!
If you’ve sailed with us before, here’s your big chance to come back for more! Any couple that returns for another sail and brings 4 friends who pay the regular fare gets 1/2 off their own fare as part of our new Back4More Plan! Tell your friends what a great time you had and your second sail is 50% off! Pick any sail, any time, any day, no restrictions apply. And your friends get the same opportunity when they come back! Share the fun!